Accident Hospitalization Plan:
- Daily Hospital Confinement – Pays cash directly to you starting with the very first day you are hospitalized due to an accident anywhere in Canada or the United States for up to 365 days per accident.
- Daily Intensive Care – Pays cash directly to you starting with the very first day you are confined to an intensive care unit in Canada or the United States for up to 365 days per accident. This benefit is paid in addition to the Daily Hospital Benefit.
- Ambulance Reimbursement – Even if you are not hospitalized, you will be reimbursed for the cost of your ambulance services based on the plan you choose.
- Recovery Benefit Following Hospital Confinement-Following hospitalization, you will be paid for a minimum of 10 days regardless of whether or not you are disabled. If you are hospitalized for more than 3 days, you will be paid up to 3 times the number of days you were hospitalized while you are unable to work or perform your usual activities (if you are not employed), due to disability.
- Recovery Benefit Following Outpatient Surgery or Fracture-Even if you are not hospitalized, if you suffer an accident that requires outpatient surgery or you have a fracture and you are unable to work or perform your usual activities, you will be paid up to 14 days while you recover.
- Payments can be used as you wish for your mortgage, other loans, food and utilities.
- Family plans are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to answer any Medical Questions?
Are there any restrictions as to the type of accident I would be covered for?
What if I have other insurance policies that already cover some of this?
Put You & Your Family in Good Hands
Let’s Get You Prepared for Anything
DESJARDINS INSURANCE AND DESJARDINS FINANCIAL SECURITY INDEPENDENT NETWORK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY HARM, LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) THAT MAY ARISE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THIS SITE, THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR MALFUNCTIONING OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, THIRD PARTY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company, a provider of life and health insurance and retirement savings products.